History of Tomaszów

220 years of Tomaszów Mazowiecki!

Tomaszów Mazowiecki was initially created as a settlement, as a result of the discovery of iron ore.In 1788 Tomasz Ostrowski (1735-1817) brought the first settlers to the Tomaszów region. Ore was initially extracted near the village of Niebrów. The excavated ore was transported to Tomaszów, where it was further processed in the so-called blast furnace, which was near today's Św. Antoniego and Warszawska Streets. Wolbórka River played a significant role in the smelting of the iron ores, where its current was used as a driving force for the blast furnace equipment. Initially, the settlement was named Kuźnicze Tomaszowskie, it was inhabited by settlers brought from Silesia and the Old Polish Basin, among the settlers there were blacksmiths and foundries. Theire was about about 30 to 70 people there. Further development of the settlement took place after the estate in Ujazd was taken over by Tomasz Ostrowski's son, Antoni Ostrowski.

Thanks to the great commitment of Antoni Ostrowski, the settlement could develop, and to commemorate its father it was was named Tomaszów.

In subsequent years (1822-1823), , Antoni Ostrowski brought the first weavers from Silesia. In 1824, Tomaszów settlement obtained the rights of a factory and commercial settlement, as a result of which the first offices and institutions were created, it were: the Head of the Commune Office, the Consumption Office, the Registry Office and the first school.
 
Despite the turbulent years (Napoleonic wars, the November Uprising), the settlement grew rapidly, and larger groups of settlers from Poland and even Germany flowed into the Tomaszów region.
The year 1830 was a breakthrough date for the settlement itself, because on July 6 ,the settlement was granted city rights and from that moment the full name of the city is Tomaszów Mazowiecki, the second part of the city's name comes from the historical district of Mazowsze, in which it was Tomaszów. The November Uprising had a great influence on  for the newly created city and as a result he promising development of the city was stopped for several years.
 
In 1838 a steam engine was brought to Tomaszów Mazowiecki, another two were imported 20 years later, the connection of the railway line in 1885 meant that Tomaszów was beginning to grow into one of the most important centers of the textile industry in the Łódź industrial district.
Another critical moment for the city was the outbreak of the First World War. On the eve of the outbreak ofthe war, the city had a population of about 40,000. residents who worked in 75 factories located in and around the city. The war itself brought huge losses to the population, and the factories and devices located in them were destroyed by the Germans.
1918 brought independence, the city could recover and both the textile and chemical industry could develop again.
In the interwar period, the city already had about 126 factories and 3 carpet factories, which produced 70% of the domestic production, over 12,000 workers worked in the factories. In addition, both wood and metal industry were well developed in Tomaszów.
Until 1939, Tomaszów had about 45,000 inhabitants.

The years 1939-1945 were the most tragic moments for the whole of Poland, Tomaszów itself, like many other cities, was destroyed and looted.
The post-war years are the period of the city's reconstruction and development, new multi-family housing estates were created, among others, Wyzwolenia, Niebrów and the housing estate of single-family houses (Piękna street, Zielona Street, Kanonierów, Wierzbowowa).
Currently, Tomaszów Mazowiecki covers about 41 square km and has over 66 thousand inhabitants. There are many interesting places in and around the city, including The Blue Sources Reserve and the Pilica River Open-Air Museum.
Other interesting places are the Ostrowski Palace built in 1812 in the classical style, currently there is a city museum, the Evangelical church of St. Of the Holy Trinity, the oldest stone church in Tomaszów built in 1824-1839, currently located at 21 Kościuszki Square and the oldest Catholic church of St. Anthony's built in 1862-1864 in the neo-renaissance style.
 
 
 
 

 

Biuletyn Informacji Publicznej
 

Projekty

logo zpodpisemUE 0609

25brygada
wat
 
logooscdr
logo piony KM
 
EU flag Erasmus vect POS
logorocteraa
ecdl
  it szkola nask logo
szkola mistrzow programowania
sks   logo bezpieczna projekt
 
kulturabezp
 

Parents' Meetings

06.09.2018
22.11.2018
03.01.2019 - kl IV
24.01.2019
25.04.2019 - klasy I-III

Breaks

1.    7.45   -  8.30
2.    8.35   -  9.20
3.    9.25   - 10.10
4.   10.20  - 11.05
5.   11.10  - 11.55
6.   12.15  - 13.00
7.   13.05  - 13.50
8.   13.55  - 14.40
9.   14.45  - 15.30
10. 15.35  - 16.20

Zespół Szkół Ponadgimnazjalnych Nr 1
97-200 Tomaszów Mazowiecki
ul. Św. Antoniego 29
www.zsp1.edu.pl

zsp1@zsp1.edu.pl
zsp1.sekretariat@onet.eu

Sekretariat (centrala):

tel: 44 7245515 
fax: 44 7242475

Dyrektor ZSP 1
mgr Dariusz Kwiatkowski

Wicedyrektor
mgr Jolanta Nikodemska

Wicedyrektor ZSP 1
mgr Arkadiusz Broniarek

Copyright (c) ZSP nr 1. All rights reserved.
Designed by zsp1.edu.pl